LCPS Underground

Las Cruces Public Schools postings concerning the current administration and issues in the district. Every effort has been made to deal in fact, not fiction. If you want to make a comment, click on comments after any post and write your comment. These may be sent anonymously. Email should be sent to lcps_truth@yahoo.com. All email will be confidential.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I can not imagine what a mess guided reading would be right now had we not had a PDT to lead us. She has kept us going and saved us time by doing everything in her power to do
--
When I ask my PDT for research she gives me more than I can possibly read. She has never asked us to "fake" anything either. She comes in and models lessons when we ask and doesn't "fake" them. I feel sorry for your school. Guided reading is making a huge difference for students at our school. It is all about the kids and NO ONE can dispute that guided reading is good for kids. How could it not be?
--
Will someone please remind Jeff Harris that he is not the Superintendent or the Chief of Operations. Better yet, is he just the Superintendent's pet monkey?
--
I am so glad that we hired a Technology Director that can solve "ALL" the district's problems. I have never received as much SPAM mail as I have recently, it seems to me that my kids can get more places on the Internet, and, oh yeah, even the kids that whose parent's didn't sign Acceptable Use Policy forms were able to surf as they please. I sure hope that MHS is happy with him because he sure does seem to be bending over backwards for them. I am sure glad that the morale of our IT department is at an all time high (hint the sarcasm).
--
Guided reading has been an absolute train wreck, plain and simple. We're asked to have research to guide our instruction, but it's obvious that no research went into this switch. I quite honestly believe that all those who were involved in this situation should be made accountable to it. Everyone with a shred of education (which includes all TEACHERS) knows that miscues and running records are maintenance tasks for struggling readers. And now I'm hearing that they're already moving to make huge changes again next year. Our central office is totally and absolutely incompetent.
--
OHS has problems but you may not want to generalize that ALL programs and classrooms at OHS are a mess. One elective department has steadily grown over the last 10 years from two teachers to six due to more and more students signing up for classes. They must be doing something right.
--
Sheryl, Jennifer, and Betsy = three hard working ladies. There is always someone who wants to bring others down. How pathetic!
--
"Since the arts programs are so successful, maybe we should transfer all the gay teachers into the content area classes." Whomever wrote this should be ashamed. I sure hope you aren't a teacher and shaping young minds with your narrow mind. I had not idea that you had to be gay to be in the arts program.
--
Please expand on what materials you need for Guided Reading. Our school has made it the #1 priority and our resources are amazing. Our library if full of not only books for guided reading but professional literature for teachers to read. It sounds like a site problem to me. What do you need exactly and are you asking the right person?
--

If you want to tell Sheryl White something, why don't you grow a set and tell her yourself.

5 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of off topic, but can someone tell me why staff pay a dollar more for the same amount of food students get? Are we richer? We sure don't get any more food for that dollar! And what exactly is the limit on the number of jalepeno slices one can take? My child and I both got chewed out for taking too many, so if anyone knows the magic number, please let me know.

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know....
1. Why were the names of the candidates for the Interim Superintendent position have been kept a secret?
2. What the results of the opinion poll taken on the Options of when to hire the Interim Supt were?
3. When is something going to be done to stop Briseno from pursuing his lopsided personal agenda?

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read in the Sun-News this morning about the 3 candidates for interim super. I could not believe my eyes when I saw Stan Rounds name in there. I know school board members read this so they need to do a little more research on him. When he left Alamogordo, there was over $100,000 dollars in federal monies missing. The man is a crook. He sold off school land, again, the money was "lost". I know Hobbs wants to get rid of him so asking them may not be much help. I was glad to see that Phil Knight from Alamogordo wasn't in the top 3, he's just inept.

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reason people aren't more forthcoming, and the reason this blog exists is because when bad things are said about those in charge, they tend to lose their jobs. That's why whoever it was won't tell Sheryl White things to her face, we like our jobs, even though our central office is easily the worst I've ever encountered.

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In reply to: "If you want to tell Sheryl White something, why don't you grow a set and tell her yourself." If you want any further proof that White reads and follows this blog, here it is. She wrote that comment herself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home