LCPS Underground

Las Cruces Public Schools postings concerning the current administration and issues in the district. Every effort has been made to deal in fact, not fiction. If you want to make a comment, click on comments after any post and write your comment. These may be sent anonymously. Email should be sent to lcps_truth@yahoo.com. All email will be confidential.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I quit paying my NEA dues and even went in to tell them why. I got a smile and a, well, in these exact words, "We're working on it." They don't care, just the same as people downtown don't care. In fact, they have very similar agendas.
--
I'm average; I'm glad NEA serves me!
--
I am what I am today, because of the NEA and their support for the average public school teacher!
--
Amen to Joyce and Nyeta hitting the road! The time has come when they have lost all credibility. Their departure is long overdue!
--
I've seen NEA support not just the "average" but usually the inadequate teachers. That's who they seem to be here for. When NEA makes its presence known- you can bet it isn't the dedicated & professional educators involved. They've become the support for the inept.
--
I need more detail about the blog that says elementary staff will get a longer day...what school was this- is it District-wide?
--
I'm pretty impressed if Fetzer is old hat. For spanish-speaking students, sped and background knowledge building- I'd be using crazy pills not to try something that works.
--
That's why I am not in the NEA. I'm a professional. My doctor doesn't have a union, my accountant doesn't have a union.....we are not laborers (yes I know it feels like we're diggin' holes...like our own grave). I'm not sending my money to some national organization where I will never see a penny of it. Too bad Alamogordo High School didn't get them discredited or whatever they tried to do. It would've set a precedent.
--
NEA Las Cruces is made up of certified employees. The organization is as good or as bad as the professionals who take time out of their busy lives to actively participate in leadership roles in the union. If you don't like the direction of your organization, participate and change it. As a longtime active member, I can assure you that your help will be welcome and valued. As for the NEA being political, guilty as charged. A stunning example of this political action is 14 out of 16 education initiatives being passed and signed into law in the recent legislative session. The funding of our 3-tiered minimum salary plan was a direct result of electing education friendly politicos. Another result of "politics" is our ability to bargain our contract with the district. The NEA is not perfect, but I shudder to think what the Admins. would do without the counterbalance and vigilance the NEA provides.
--
This blog has really served it's purpose, to draw attention to Diaz and the damage she AND the board did to LCPS. Now I think it is time to put it away. I think it has become a sounding board for people to continually gripe and complain. The only thing I feel that this blog didn't accomplish is removing the board. Thanks
--

4 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEA has a lot of hidden agenda's that don't represent my belief's. If they would only look after the teachers like they are suppose to and quit all the political crap. Members of my family have tried to take part in the meetings with NEA BUT as you know there are a few that like to run the show.

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a brilliant and insightful comment regarding our roles as NEA members, and it certainly highlighted the importance that NEA plays in our professional lives! During these sporadic, spastic, and fearful times with principals, supts., and school board members, I feel confident that my NEA will work diligently to support, not only me, but also all teachers throughout the district!

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lady who took the place of John Schutz has really downgraded the position and has put the music programs into a dangerous spiral. As a parent of two hs band kids, I had concerns about the lack of emphasis that I have seen regarding my kids' music programs. Not only would she not return my calls, I was simply told that she "makes all the decisions" about the music programs. What's up with this? Who else can I talk to regarding her bombastic style?

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog has certainly served a purpose. Quick, let's shut it down before it exposes my incompetence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home